Don’t you just hate it when you have found the time and motivation to drag yourself to the gym only to find out that you have forgotten essential workout clothing or personal necessities. Even the most well-stocked gyms lack the personalised items you require pre and post workout. By keeping these essentials in your bag, you will be set for a successful workout:
- Hydration—Keep a water bottle you reserve solely for gym use. Keep it clean, and full of water so you can easily hydrate throughout your workout. Even if you splurge and buy a sports drink or coconut water, having a backup is always a good idea.
- Cosmetic Bag—Keep a small cosmetic bag in your gym bag stocked with no less than: deodorant, facial/body wipes, lotion, lip balm, facial moisturiser, foundation, hand sanitiser, and just-in-case feminine care products.
- Hair Essentials—The hair essentials you require will vary depending on the length and style of your hair. Essentials include comb, brush, headband, hair tie, kirby grips, travel-sized hair product, and dry shampoo.
- Nutrition Bar—It is always a good idea to give your body an extra boost of protein within 30 minutes of a good workout. Sports bars are easy to pack, and bringing your own is cheaper than buying one at your gym – just watch the sugar content that may be packed into that one small bar!
- Towel/Wash Cloth—Every gym and fitness studio varies. Some offer clean towels for free, some charge a towel fee, and some do not offer towels. Even if you don’t plan on showering, bring a washcloth to wipe away sweat while working out, and a small towel in case any last minute plans arise, and you decide to take a shower.
- Cotton Socks—It’s happened to every SupaChick at least once. You head straight from work to the gym, only to find you forgot to pack gym socks. This leaves you working out sock-less, or in your dress socks. Remind yourself to pack socks each time you pack your gym bag, but stash an extra pair in your bag, just in case.
- A Wrinkle-Free Top—Plans are constantly changing, and you may find that instead of heading straight home after your workout, you have a few errands to run, or you meet friends for a quick bite to eat. So you need not get fully suited up again, keep a wrinkle-free top in your bag you can throw on post workout.
These essentials above are of course in addition to your workout basics: workout clothing, shoes, and workout-specific fitness gear. I know, the list above sounds long, but it won’t take up as much room as you might think. Shape magazine offers a few suggestions on stylish gym bags that have all the compartments you need to store your essentials.
- Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance – Pack your gym bag the night before you plan to go to the gym. Even if you don’t plan to go first thing, this will avoid you rushing around and potentially forgetting one (if not more) of your gym bag essentials.
- Use the 7 essentials “check list” above to ensure everything you need is in your bag and ready for use.
- Replenish your “gym bag stock” – miniatures/travel sized cosmetics and light weight clothing/towels ensures that your bag is that bit easier to lug around all day. However, by doing this you may find you need to stock up and replace a little more often, so make sure you keep on top of your stock ;).
Why not CLICK HERE to purchase either the 4 week, 8 week or 12 week SupaChick Fitness Programmes available on the SupaChick shop, so you have one less thing to worry about when going to the gym, and a tailored structure to your session once you’re there…
BE FIT, BE WELL, BE SUPA!