Is it just me, or is everyone else noticing that womankind are going CRAZY for Coconut Oil? To be honest I don’t blame them…coconut oil is quite possibly the most versatile ingredient to store in your household. Aside from its culinary benefits, coconut oil offers many other benefits around the house, as well as many incredible and natural health and beauty benefits to help you look and feel Supa inside and out!
Coconuts Produce An Oil?
Whether you are a SupaChick on a mission to reduce the toxins in your health and beauty routine, or you simply want to find a few new health, body, and beauty boosters—coconut oil has to be part of the mix. This goes beyond buying a coconut whole, but to the electrolyte-filled coconut water—and the extremely versatile coconut oil
While cooking is certainly one of the most common uses for coconut oil, it is far from your only option. It might come as a surprise that such a sweet fruit can produce such a multifunctional oil, but my oh my, there is a Supa range of uses for it, and these are not just as part of your beauty regime…
What are the uses of Coconut oil?
- Add 8 to 10 drops of coconut oil to your daily application of body moisturizer, or 1 or 2 drops to your facial moisturizer. This will soften your skin, soothe inflamed skin, provide light SPF protection, and act as a natural anti-fungal. While coconut oil can be rubbed directly onto your skin, it needs a carrier crème to fully penetrate your skin.
- The next time you have a cold or congestion, skip the chemical-filled vapor rub. Instead, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a teaspoon of coconut oil—and rub it on your chest.
- Use coconut oil to remove makeup, even heavy eyeliner, mascara, and pigment rich lipsticks.
- Warm a 1/8 cup (1/4 for long hair) of coconut oil in the microwave, and use it as a hot oil treatment. Shampoo your hair, add the oil, cover with a shower cap—and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Your hair will be tangle free, and will have a healthy high-gloss shine.
- No more need for cuticle oil when you have coconut oil!
- Coconut oil makes for the perfect moisturizing shaving oil.
- Tame fly aways and control frizz with this natural oil. It’s also a perfect oil for curly hair.
- Looking for a chemical-free wood polish? Coconut is your oil of choice. As with all new oil polishes, patch test a small area first. Make sure your application is not too heavy because a little bit goes a long way.
- Condition your pots, pans, and cutting boards with coconut oil. Just clean or apply a vinegar rinse first.
- Looking for a vegan butter alternative? Coconut oil is perfect. For solid oils, leave your coconut oil in the fridge, and for liquid oil leave it at room temperature—and gently warm as needed.
***Opt for organic,unrefined and cold pressed when buying coconut oil***
- Coconut oil is a multi fuctional ingredient
- Use coconut oil as part of your health and beauty regime or as a household product
- Organic, unrefined and cold pressed coconut oil is the best.
Why not CLICK HERE to purchase either the 4 week, 8 week or 12 week SupaChick Fitness Programme available on the SupaChick shop, and feel “nutty” from the moment you wake up toe the moment you so to sleep?
BE FIT, BE WELL, BE SUPA!